For my second critical thinking
question I wanted to focus on: Who has “power” in your test? How does that
power get shown? At the moment I am still reading The Death Cure by
James Dashner and I feel that this question is really one to think about as you
this book. What I find interesting about this question is that it not only
relates to my book but it relates to the real world.
I think that it is pretty evident
who has power in my book, and that is WICKED. WICKED is the organization
assembled by all the surviving governments around the world and it has been
created to find a cure for the Flare. The problem is that all these remaining
governments have devoted every last cent to create WICKED and allow it to have
the best equipment and people. Because of this, this makes WICKED very powerful
and respected. Also, not only does WICKED have all the money, people around the
world believe in WICKED and this makes them even more powerful. The only reason
though why people believe in WICKED is because that is all people can believe in. If WICKED fails, there is no more hope
and the whole world will go to ruins. Another way this power gets shown is that
WICKED can practically do what ever they want and can’t be stopped by anyone,
this shows total power. One way this is shown in the book is that to find the
cure WICKED creates in experiment that basically tortures teenagers, the worst
part is that they don’t know anything because their memories have been taken
away so from when they are put into the trails to when they die they will never
get to remember their childhood or their parents.
The way power is shown and who has
power is shown in this book relates to how power is shown and who has power in
the real world. It all falls back down to the governments and other organizations
that have money. What I realized in reading this book is that power comes from
money – without money you can’t have power.
No comments:
Post a Comment