In the book The End
Of Infinity by Matt Myklusch the theme is how valuable trust is and how it
can crush friendships. The rustov, or the enemies, virus infects Jack, the
protagonist, and he has admitted that in the future he is supposed to be a super
rustov warrior but he believes that he can not only prevent this future but be
that only person who can stop the war. Because of his virus, though, no one
except a couple of friends still have trust and faith in him, the rest just
want him dead.
Throughout
the book Jack does not only search for the solution to his grave problem he
also is on a search for the trust of his friends and the trust of the people of
Imagine Nation. Jack understands why everyone hates him and is afraid of him
because deep down he is afraid of himself and he doesn’t really know if he will
be able to defeat his future and save the world. The thing that I found funny
or I should say ironic is that he is trying to save the world from himself.
Every once in a while the author throws in some small jokes or funny scenes and
I feel that it is a nice addition to the usually intense and almost stressful
writing.
All
in all, I like how the author incorporated the theme of trust in such an action
and adventure filled book. Myklusch throughout the book includes even the
smallest details to hint at the theme of trust and I found that very
interesting and cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment